Please contact APABA Tampa Bay to become involved or to submit events/opportunities to share.
APABA.TB Happy Hour
214 Westshore Plaza
Tampa, Florida 33609
2016 Florida Legal Diversity Summit
The Florida Diversity Council presents The 2016 Legal Diversity Summit, which aims to highlight the importance of diversity and inclusion efforts in the legal realm. Legal organizations and professionals face particular issues and challenges that are specific to their industry. The theme of the summit, “Sharing Strategies to Promote Diversity & Inclusion in Law Firms,” will address how legal professionals can champion diversity and inclusion initiatives, both internally and externally.
Friday, October 21, 2016, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
400 1st Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Individual registration is $59.
By holding an event that promotes discussion and dialogue about industry-specific diversity and inclusion topics, the National Diversity Council hopes to encourage dialogue and best practice sharing amongst leaders in the legal field.
Tampa Bay Voluntary Bar Association Community Calendar
Administrative Order S-2013-071 Regarding The Professionalism Committee
- Department of Justice Vacancies – Visit the website for a list of current list of vacancies.
General Pro Bono Contacts:
Bay Area Legal Services – Visit Bay Area Legal Services for more ways to help. A few ways you can help are listed below:
- Pro bono family law cases available through the new “Family Matters” project. Elva Kennis is the contact person for the program. Please contact her at email@example.com. Visit the site to view a current list of case summaries, here.
- Translators needed for documents and conversation. You can elect either. We can submit the names of interested attorneys to Bay Area.
- Bay Area can coordinate with Gulfcoast Legal Services to assist individuals with Immigration issues, if Immigration is your area of interest.
- We can identify a community, school, or organization, and provide information in areas needed. Could be on bankruptcy, real estate, family law, anything.
- Volunteer to mentor another attorney in your practice area.
Pro Bono Opportunities Update:
Are you looking to meet your annual Pro Bono requirements? Would you like to provide valuable experience to a Stetson Law School or Cooley Law School student while meeting the needs of the under-represented in our community? Then click on the document below to view case summaries and begin changing people’s lives today! Please contact Bay Area Legal Services’ Case Referral Manager, Elva N. Kennis at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the site to view a current list of case summaries, here.
Continuing Legal Education:
The Florida Bar
Check the Florida Bar website for CLE listings – live, online, audio and video.
The Bar’s website also lists jobs.
The Association of Corporate Counsel
If you belong to the Association of Corporate Counsel, they have excellent CLE presentations – live and online. The online courses are free if you don’t need the CLE credit. They also list in-house jobs.