Please contact APABA Tampa Bay to become involved or to submit opportunities to share.
General Pro Bono Contacts:
Pro Bono helps us achieve one of our goals – supporting our community. Let’s not be idle. Please contact Sarah Lahlou-Amine at email@example.com, APABA-TB’s Pro Bono Chair/Liaison, for more information.
Tampa Bay Voluntary Bar Association Community Calendar
The Tampa Bay Voluntary Bar Association Community Calendar lists events offered by Tampa Bay’s various bar associations that are open to non-members. The calendar is available on the HAWL website.
Bay Area Legal Services – Visit Bay Area Legal Services for more ways to help.
A few ways you can help are listed below:
- Pro bono family law cases available through the new “Family Matters” project.
Elva Kennis is the contact person for the program.
Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the site to view a current list of case summaries, here.
- Translators needed for documents and conversation. You can elect either. We can submit the names of interested attorneys to Bay Area.
- Bay Area can coordinate with Gulfcoast Legal Services to assist individuals with Immigration issues, if Immigration is your area of interest.
- We can identify a community, school, or organization, and provide information in areas needed. Could be on bankruptcy, real estate, family law, anything.
- Volunteer to mentor another attorney in your practice area.
Continuing Legal Education
The Florida Bar – Check the Florida Bar website for CLE listings – live, online, audio
and video. The Bar’s website also lists jobs.
The Association of Corporate Counsel
If you belong to the Association of Corporate Counsel, they have excellent CLE presentations – live and online. The online courses are free if you don’t need the
CLE credit. They also list in-house jobs.
Events / Opportunities
Please contact APABA Tampa Bay to become involved or to submit events/opportunities